Create a Keycloak application
Log in to your Keycloak account as an Administrator.
Go to Clients in the left menu, and click Create.
Input the following details to the Add Client form:
- For Client ID, enter a name for your App (eg "kpow"). Take note of this Client ID for the last step in LogonLabs.
- For Client Protocol, select saml.
- Click Save.
4. While editing the application configure the following:
- Set Sign Assertions to ON.
- Set Client Signature Required to OFF.
- For Valid Redirect URIs, enter: "https://kpow.mycorp.io/saml" (where kpow.mycorp.io is the URL of where Kpow is hosted)
6. Go to "Realm Settings" in the main left menu and click SAML 2.0 Identity Provider Metadata. Download the XML file and keep for the next step.
Set the following environment variables and start Kpow:
SAML_RELYING_PARTY_IDENTIFIER=kpowthis is the Client ID set in step 1
SAML_ACS_URL=the Valid Redirect URI from before, e.g.
SAML_METADATA_FILE=the path to the SAML 2.0 Identity Provider Metadata file from step 6, e.g.
Kpow will now authenticate users with Keycloak (SAML).\
- Navigate to Kpow's SAML client in Keycloak and go to the Mappers tab and click Add Builtin
- Select the built in mappers for role list and click Add Selected
3. Within your Role Based Access Control add the following line:
saml: role_field: "Role"